plumrose



Sunday 16 March 2014

Heat Emboss on Vellum

 
 
 
 
 
 
Thought I'd give this a go...heat embossing on vellum.
I was surprised how the vellum could take the heat. BUT, after it set, it came off the vellum in places here and there. It didn't just fall off but when handling it, it flaked off.
So I'm not sure I'll use this technique again.
 
The flowers and butterfly stamped and heat embossed with white and then fussy cut around. Inked on the reverse side with Oceans and Lipstick distress ink.
Background embossed with the Poppy folder from Cuttlebug.
Sentiment inked with markers and stamped.


 
 





 
Simon Says: Distress Inks

1 comment:

  1. This card turned out beautifully and I really enjoyed your write-up on the technique. I had to smile and really appreciate your honesty when you said it started to flake off your vellum. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who makes "creative discoveries" like this! It reminded me of the time I tried to heat emboss on parchment paper (hello? Apparently parchment paper is known for NOT allowing things to stick to it. What can I say? Being a non-baker, this was all news to me)! Anyway, I thought the finished product was gorgeous and I really liked the mix of the dimensional embossed background with the colorful heat embossed flowers in the foreground. The color palette is stunning and made me yearn for summer! Thank you so much for sharing this project with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete