Well I tried my best to get a good likeness of this canvas but couldn't quite get the right colors to come thru. It's very dark and not very vibrant. And yet the blue and purples can be seen enough to be appreciated but not as obvious as in the photo.
Painted canvas, and brushes, splattered specks of purple, blue and white in varying thick blobs and thin strokes. Gold powder.
Some items used are half a butterfly made of Tim Holtz grunge board, a pearl dangler and hand made flower to represent the body. Touched with perfect pearls powder. ART is premade chipboard and painted
Preassembled Frame painted
Hand rolled, die cut (spellbinders) flowers and leaves in purple cardstock. Touched with gold, or blue perfect pearls powder.
Tim Holtz 'live in the moment' metal tag.
All held together with the hot glue gun. Sure hope it holds!
I think I'll call it: Beauty Beneath the Darkness.
The Hummingbird is printed out onto watercolor paper....(it only worked once, other attempts the paper just jammed up in the printer), then colored with watercolor paints and glitzed up with Stickles(diamond) and fussy cut around.
Heartfelt Creations flower stamps , copic coloring and fussy cut around
Smaller flowers from EK Success - small retro
Happy Birthday die from Simon Says Stamp.
Doily was store bought from Michaels....oh and I can't forget the gorgeous background paper from Bo Bunny.
This cigar box is about 10" X 8" and made of a wood altho I
needed to cover entirely in a wood grain paper, just to cover up all the cigar decos.
Here's my plan. Black background with a piece of vellum with clouds on it, hopefully the Artic, snow and floating ice comes to mind instead. Some real birch bark, real bird feathers, some inking and ink stitching for that native feel
To match the birch bark I white washed the wood floor designer paper with Ranger's picket fence stain. Glued it on and added some vintage photo ink around the edges.
I thought I'd leave the bottom as is.
On top of the vellum I stenciled in some word script here and there. The customer who ordered this wanted a stormy feel so I white inked some swirly images and highlighted it with white perfect pearls. Some it hard to see.
On the backside of the vellum I used my finger to lightly ink up around some of the ice burgs, hopefully looking a little more like Artic waters.
Every now and then while walking the puppy I pick up some feathers found along the way.
I hand painted the polar bear with acrylic paint. It was a lot easier than I anticipated. I washed it before, but other than that - no prep and no sealant afterwards.
I wrapped the feathers and the stamens together with twine to incorporate some more native effects
The image in the moon was found on the internet, circle die cut and a white pen around the edge.
I hand painted the paw print with black glossy accents onto more birch bark and oval cut by hand.
I will be a long time before I use vellum again. Boy it's hard to glue. It warps when anything wet touches it, and the glue is also visible. So I cut some tiny strips of black card stock and glued it overtop the edges of the vellum to hid the glue and pen stitched around the edges.
A little vintage photo around the edges ages.
Not sure how happy I am with how this turned out. I feel it needs more but not sure what.
Added a hand drawn arrow, a metal key and a metal medallion.
The box needed something to help pull the lid up so I used a Tim Holts photo pin, but filled the end with glossy accents, and a very wee tiny mini drop of antique linen ink to give it a bit of color rather than clear. But before I added the GA, I dropped a couple of wee tiny snowflakes into the ring. Two indian motive beads will go on the pin and once the GA is solid, I'll hammer it into the box lid.
I found some corners in my stash...whoohooo. Glued on using a dab of 'no more nails'.
[PDF] The image of this Greek guitar was printed out in color, on cardstock and cut out.
I wanted the base of it really really large,
so I left the arm of it on the cutting room floor, but tried to mimic it with the punch I used
for the birthday greeting.
The background is modeling paste on a brick stencil.
I cut out an identical shape for the back, added the little brown pieces so it looks like the insdie of the guitar, and added foam dots to adhere the two together.
The rest of the guitar constructed with great patience...oh my.
Getting those stings tight and looking right...a challenge for sure.
But step by step, glue the bottom first, let it dry,
pull them taught and glue the next level and repeat until I reached the top tucking the top ends underneath. And trying to follow the
image of strings at the top of the guitar that came printed in the image.
The left photo shows how I cut out the hole (exatco knife), following the guitars fancy design and glued the image down with foam dots to give it some depth. Then, at the bottom here, (right hand photo) I had printed out a second image so I could cut and adhere that little piece on top of the string ends, a strategic layer of foam dots too.
The strings are made of some plain ole string which I put in a bag and added some Silver Mixative Alcohol Inks. Smooched it around until they were all coated.
The guitar had a mother of pearl look to the design and the best way
I could bring that to life was to add some stickles to make it sparkle