plumrose



Wednesday 23 May 2012

Match book of Paraprosdokians!

What's a paraprodokian you ask? It's a term for a figure of speech in which a sentence or phrase has an unexpected or surprising ending.

I wanted to make something that could be easily carried around and easily referenced to in case of a "I'm in need of a chuckle emergency".





So I copied the layout of a match book, cut and scored a piece of grunge paper. It got heavily inked, but didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it. In the end I had a ribbon to match, so all is well. I also tried cutting up a cereal box and glued paper to it, but it was too thick to fold like a match book ( it needs some flexibility), so I went back to the grunge paper.



I printed off these paraprokokians in different fonts and colors, and cut them out with different crazy sissors and glued them onto a cut up Space calendar. The paper from the calendar was just the right thickness and had a glossy finish to each photo of the month, so it worked out well for this project.

Here's a few of the pages.







Once all was decorated, I got out my trusty staple gun and stapled everything together at the very bottom. The ribbon hides the staple.




No comments:

Post a Comment