plumrose



Friday 11 May 2012

Altered Whiskey Bottle

The cool thing about this bottle is that it already came with a crown lid, and gold too. So, of course, it had to be Tim Holtz inspired with chains and manly embellishments.



The bottle was prepared...after drinking the contents, with a coat of  Seal Glue. Then after it dried, it got a good thick coat of crackle paint, different color on the reverse. I stamped the lion using archival ink onto tissue paper and glued that onto the bottle. The wings are made of grunge paper, inked and stamped and embellished with a set of metal wings I got from Walmart. I still think there's more I can cram on here, but nothing in my stash worked. So this will likely be altered some more.


This is metal heart is from a necklace I got from Dollarama. The velvet neck piece had broken off, but I kept the charm. I also stamped it with the same written stamp and used some gold alcohol inks on it and the black pearl above it. The little charm on the end of the chain is actually a little wee botton. Lastly I glued a paper clip, also Alcohol Inked in gold to tone down the already black and white clip. A tag just for fun.





Challenges: Simon Says - Fav Stamp ( it's not the obvious and not the lion, it's the writing stamp! :) )
Frilly and Funkie - Alter it


5 comments:

  1. Laura, this is just so darn cool! Love the vintage feel and that crackling is spectacular! This is a Big WOW! I am just thrilled that you are joining us at F&F!

    The post/link looks like all is well now, so go ahead and link it up! I hope that works for you as this is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not you, but most likely blogger. I saw the same thing and there was no link! Blogger Be Bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura. Very cool altered bottle! You've done a wonderful job of coloring, adding embellishments and the wings look fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous altered bottle Laura ! Love the embellishments and the wings are fab too ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic bottle! Love all your special touches, and the wings were a great find at Walmart. Thanks for sharing it with us at Frilly & Funkie this week!

    ReplyDelete