plumrose



Monday 12 March 2012

Alcohol Ink and Glossy Accents card

I'm playing with my alcohol inks today. It's on almost everything. I make my own application pads to apply the inks and therefore are somewhat thicker pads than what you buy ready made. Today I didn't switch it out for a new one and it had gotten a bit crusty. Which affected the AL . To a nice effect I think.




I applied metalic silver AI to the punched trim on the bottom and then used 2 colors of AI to tone it down with the same color scheme.  It's dotty/blotchy because the pad is crusty and the ink doesn't spread out so much. Plus used a very light touch. Ontop is a coat of glossy accent crackle paint.

Also on the torn background paper, I simply swirled my applicator around in little circles and got this very fine, almost pen like swirls, again with a light touch. 

Behind the rolled roses, I punched out some regular old, heavy tin foil, and lightly AI'd that too....just to get a hint of color.






 The butterfly is a stamp and die set from Hero Arts. Painted with Pink liquid pearls in the middle of the body, as well as dotted for dimension with the same. Then a coat of glossy accents crackle ontop.



Challenge Simon Says Stamp = Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for joining into the fun over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog, thank you for sharing your wonderfull project I am loving your butterfly wowzersss and the crackle wowwzersss.....Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete