plumrose



Saturday 21 January 2012

Simply Round

Happy Weekend!

Today I'm trying out my new Nestabilities die. It comes with lots of heart circles. Truly a nice die. Unfortunately the package didn't tell me I needed a Tan Embossing mat in order to complete the embossing on these circles, so I can't utilize this die as much as it's capable. Isn't it maddening when the package doesn't tell you on the outside, what other tools you need?





These roses where rolled with good old, pink, card stock, cut into strips. Too thick to stuff into an envelope, so I'll have to adjust that for next time. Martha Stewart punch for the black and pinks leaves, and pen embossed to add some detail. Viva Pen for the pearl dots and a beautiful black and white ribbon . And of course some design paper for the background.


This butterfly is from my newest die and stamp set (see previous posts for link). It's heat embossed with black powder, painted using Lipstick Distress inks, and glittered with Diamond Stickles. And Liquid pearls make up the body.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand how you felt about the packaging. The same thing happened to me last week. Beautiful card though. Love the background and rose. That butterfly is wonderful!

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete