plumrose



Tuesday 10 January 2012

Red Letter Day


Well, I'm not finishing playing with all my new toys, but I just had to throw something together with a few of them, and then I'll get back to playing. Besides, Simon Says Stamp challenge is all about Red Letter Day...and I just happened to have some red.

So here's my tag card for today:



I just love, love, love these butterflies. Or rather it's more that's it's from a die and stamp set, Sizzix Hero Arts that I bought from Simon Says Stamp. It's the coolest thing to stamp and cut out your image without getting out the sissors and carefully cutting around the image. Anything that makes a crafters life easier  I say! I lightly painted them with a fine paint brush and Distress Inks of various colors.

The Roses are cut with my Cricut and rolled Quilling style. Martha Stewart Leaf punch and my new Tim Die for the folded Rosette, and Tim masks for the swirls. Hope was stamped with the new seasonal distress ink, Festive Berries and Clear heat embossed.


3 comments:

  1. Laura, I love the subtle colours you've used for the background here, and the blending from one colour to another is perfection! The way those deep red flowers pop works so well too! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. Your tag is lovely. I love the background colors and the masking technique you used on the flourishes. Beautiful butterfly and flower embellishments! Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful! I love the colors and the butterflies. The combination is great. I really like the colors of the rosette as well.

    ReplyDelete