plumrose

Saturday, 28 May 2011

Altered Journal

I picked up this journal for dirt cheap and thought I'd give it some umph. It came with a window, but I didn't like the photo in the center so I ripped out the page and stamped my own image on the next page. The bird image inked with two colors of Tim Holtz distress inks. Decorative papers replaced the covers orginal design. Then of course, I got out my cuttlebug, my cricut, my ATG gun and went crazy. There were just too many pages inside to add to all of them, so I just added a pocket and a tag in the first two or so, and more on the back cover. The silk ribbons photographed somewhat darker than they really are, but they do match the original cover of the journal - which you can still see as there's  no way to really get your decorative paper between all the wire hoops. So I also kept the top edge of the front cover showing so as to not make the binded edge look out of place.








No comments:

Post a Comment