plumrose



Monday 11 November 2013

Mulitiple Layers Step Card

 
 
I am so very happy to be Sherri Baldy's guest designer today.
 
The topic this week is Multiple Layers.
 
My first layer is a poinsettia colored with copic markers.
I printed off the digi stamp multiple times and colored only what was needed.  (saves on marker ink). The great thing about digi stamps is that you can resize it to fit your project. So for this one, I used 2 different sizes for two different flowers.
The bottom layer was colored completely except for the center. The next layer- just the flower, and the top layer -the flower and the center.
I left a little bit of the white card stock uncolored hoping it looked a little like snow.
Then I cut out all the layers and glued them together to form the complete flower.
 
 
 
The next layer I did was for the background...


 
Here's my main feature: a digi stamp by Sherri Baldy I just love her line of digi stamps.... and she has a ton of fabulous Christmas ones! xo
 
She's colored with copics as well, with the white fur all glittered up.
 
 
 
 
So I have layered the flowers and the background paper, and the card too is also layered.
Here's a step card, quite easy to do actually. The challenging part will be to make an envelope for it as it's a 6x6 card. Must check out Michaels maybe.



I printed off a "Here Comes Santa Claus" music sheet from the internet, resized it down and used it in the step part of the card.


1 comment:

  1. laura's, Mulitiple Layers Step Card. i just found you website and just getting to know my way around here from what i seen so far it fantastic keep up the super work i got to go now but i be back very soon best of luck to all you people. graphics are very nice. it's a fantstic web site super job. WWW.WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET (you might like the crafts tips ) it got wonderful colors. your cards are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete