I'm busy making coffee filters roses for Mom and Dad's big 50th anniversary. I was asked to make one to pin on a little sweater. A little different from the roses that are secured onto a long wire. So with the one simple question of "how the heck do I do that", I thought about Tim's challenge....and that's all I needed to make this:
With a couple of coffee filters punched with Tim's Tathered Flowers, a cup of really watery paint and a brush to add some less watery paint to the flower tips.
After dunking all the flowers in the died water, and still wet, I added the darker accents. Just lightly touch the edges and you'll see it just bleeds into itself. Be sure to hold the one flower in your hand as laying it on the towel will affect the absorbency.
Flower still wet.....A brad holds them together. And add a bit of died water into the center to make it darker
Using the blow dryer on low, I dried the assembled flower. First upside down so the whole thing didn't dry all the way open.
Then from the top now, wiggling the blow dryer all around as the petals all flip and flop about. When they dry they will hold their shape. So blow dry in a way that forms the flowers as you wish them to be.
If you don't like the way it turns out....mist it wet again and start the blow drying again.
I added lots of stickle star dusk sparkle after all was said and done, along the edges and center.
My plan is to attached a little pipe cleaner to the back with the end of the brad. Then hopefully it can be pinned onto the sweater. Fingers crossed.
Challenge: Tim Holtz Tathered Florals
Simon Says Stamp: Water