plumrose



Monday 25 March 2013

50Th Key chains

Mom and Dad didn't want any cards, or gifts for their 50th Anniversary. But who really listens the that, right??? But I do understand their request, after all, she's been clearing house, giving things away, minimizing. So I thought these key chains might be please both of us.
 
Two of our now "no more minted pennies" represents the year each was born (both 1941), the year they were married, 1963 and a 50cents piece to represent their 50 years together. I tried phoning my bank to get this years mint, but apparently you'd have to special order them...so these I had in my drawer had to do.  I also glued a photo of them onto one of Tim Holtz charms using glossy accents, painted the backside of it and hand wrote March 23 on it.
 
I drilled a hole in all the coins, just big enough for the key chain itself to fit and move freely around.
 
 
 
 
All the pennies were pretty dark. They were cleaned in a simple household solution of lemon juice and sea salt. I just blopped them all into a little cup, swirled them around, and in a matter of seconds they looked like this. A little polish with a tea towel, and I was happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love these. I'd love to have one myself, I've gotta try this.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete