plumrose



Sunday 14 October 2012

Tie a Yellow Ribbon...

....round the old oak tree! Remember that song? Well I didn't intend on doing the card to represent the song....but rather making the card at last weekends Scrapfest, just happened to remind me of the song. Even then it wasn't until I thought the card needed a ribbon....ha...a yellow one! Who sang that song anyways....anyone remember?
 
This card has lots of layers of acrylic paint on some textured card stock...looks like Brazil paper to me. Some stencils where used and then some stamps and glitter. It didn't turn out at all what was being taught that day. The idea was to leave a real leaf impression. But I got a little behind and missed some of the instructions. Goosssh... I will just have to practice some more at home. :)
 
In the meantime this will be entered in this weeks Simon Says Stamp challenge: Rustification!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I do remember the song, I loved it lol. Your card is lovely the yellow bow against the rusty autumnal tones is lovely. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete