plumrose



Sunday 26 June 2011

Criss Cross Card

I think this would look a little better when using a square card rather than the 5x6.5, but I still liked the way it turned out. It's what I had so it's what I used. I first saw this card done on Norma's blog.... http://frommycraftroom.blogspot.com   ..she makes such beautiful cards. I'm always in such awh. The tutorial and the challenge I've entered is here: http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/2011/06/ttt-39-cross-it-challenge.html The great thing about this type of card is that you could also leave the 2 sides unglued so that they open rather than the pocket type as I did here I used  K&Company SW Nature  DP for the entire card. A cricut butterfly, cut twice for dimension, embossed, glittered and gemmed. A small ceramic flower. And some Tim Holtz' scattered straw, peeled paint and wild honey around the edges as well as some masking of the insert with a computer generated sentiment. Yellow glitter all round, here and there. And finally a satin ribbon.





2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    This card is absolutely complex and beautiful. So much work went into this and it shows! I love the ribbon that really pulls out the bird impression on the criss cross card backing. The butterfly is fantastic and your masking work is perfect.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Cross It challenge!
    Happy Stamping...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a fab card; love the colors you have used and that glitter border is just perfect!

    Thanks for joining us at TTT. Im glad you followed the tutorial; and this size looks great too ;)

    ReplyDelete