plumrose



Tuesday 16 September 2014

Mixed Media on Canvas

 
Well I'm giving this mixed media thing a try.
This is an 8x10 canvas which I primed with Gesso.
The next layer is sprayed with distress inks in Lipstick and Antique Linen.
Stenciled in some leaves using some Gloss Indoor acrylic paint I had on hand.
The left side is some green ribbon gesso primed and left white.
I'm not so happy with the way the stenciled leaved adhered to this ribbon....but live an learn.
 

 
The next layers I stenciled in some bricks here and there using textured paste and left white. Altho I find that it ever so slightly absorbed the ink from below.
 
I also inked in some cursive writing using a stamp and brown archival ink.
Once all dried and added a top coat of Matt Varnish, except for over the bricks. I wasn't sure if it would effect it somehow.

 
It's a work in progress, but here's a sneak peek!
 
Challenge: Simon Says: make your own background.
Simon Says: Technique






2 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely beautiful Laura! Love the layer of bricks! Very pretty! I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO very pretty!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete