I love Tim's products, but I must say I do Pretty better than I do grunge or abstract. So my flowers are both tissue paper and cardstock, in pretty colors.
I also wanted to try out some paints for the background. I used 3 colors of Enamel paints, misted the tag first, dropped on some paint, and start spritzing everywhere until it started to run. I took a couple of trys to get it right as the paint went on too thick in the beginning.
Let it dry. One of the kids used my heat tool and didn't bring it back, so I towel dried it. I tried it on the tag, and lots of scrap cardstock...white as I needed some for the die cut flowers.
For the tissue paper flowers, I pressed the tissue down into the stamp with my fingertip . It helped get the ink applied and actually embossed the stamp into the tissue. Cool!
Used an archival ink to add Lady stamp. It worked well on the enamel paint, but added a worded stamp didn't work. It smuged and didn't look so nice.I tried using archival ink and distress ink, but neither worked. I had to repaint that little section and instead glued in a metal sentement.
So, here we have the painted and tissue flowers. The cardstock flowers are embossed with the dot folder. Centered with a rose pearl.
Challenge: Tim Holtz Tathered Floral
Simon Says Stamp: Metal=ology