Happy Monday...how's you're mojo today?
Well I spent the weekend working on an order for a Bridle Shower Card. I was almost done when I saw this layout on the internet. I was googling sentiments for the front and inside of the card, but just had to make this one, and leave the other one for another time. I just loved the idea of a white dress. I'm a little worried about how slim this one turned out....hopefully it doesn't set of any body image issues for the bride. The one on the internet was quite wide and flowing. We'll see what the Mother thinks when she receives it. At least I have a backup! :)
So, the top and bottom of the dress are two different sized scalloped oval shaped cutouts (cricut cut). I bet the round shaped one would make it bigger as I had seen. Then cut off the sides to form a shaped dress. As well, there are several layers to both halves. 4 on the bottom 3 at the top. No particular reason for the numbers, it's just how many actually cut nicely enough to use, so that's what I used. Just to give it some depth and mimic an actual bridal dress. I also ran all the pieces thru the cuttlebug with a folder that had some leafy and heart shapes to give them some design. Then ontop of both halves, I cut out some vellum and glued ontop with some Glossy Accents (so the glue doesn't show thru)
Added a pink ribbon, a few half pearls, some rolled roses and a quilled -swirly accent. The sentiment is computer generated using my latest font -Albemerle Swash.
Here's the one I had almost done...sentiment needed. The bride and grooms colors are black and white!